Etsy API Integration: Important Aspects You Should Know
As competition in the eCommerce industry intensifies, B2B eCommerce software companies seek ways to integrate their software with popular marketplaces. One of the known and must-have integrations is Etsy API integration.
To optimize business operations, you must provide full-featured software your customers need. Integrating with Etsy adds functionality to your software, which is important for online merchants. So let’s start by looking at the main aspects of Etsy API integration.
What is Etsy API Integration?
Etsy’s 96.3 million buyers, $2.3 billion in annual revenue, and 7.5 million sellers make it a profitable API integration partner for any eCommerce SaaS business.
Let’s look at the advantages of developing Etsy API integration:
- If one of your tasks is an expansion of your business, the integration with this marketplace will help you achieve it. Etsy is used by online merchants from different countries, which may be your potential customers.
- The integration will increase the number of clients and thus your profit.
- Integration improves your software’s versatility, allowing your customers to automate most business processes.
- Etsy API integration allows you to work with all the data related to customers, orders, categories, and products and manage Etsy stores from one place.
- With such an integration, you can improve your services by having access to various store data.
However, by developing Etsy API integration, you will face some difficulties, such as:
- Integration takes a lot of time. It takes about 8 weeks to develop only one integration. It is without taking into account the time for search or training of the team of developers.
- Integration is costly. The cost of integrating with the Etsy API can be around $4000. Upgrades and maintenance charges may increase this figure, as may the salary of your development team.
- An Etsy API integration can be challenging to develop, especially since your development team must understand the architecture of the Etsy API before connecting with it.
- The number of integrations you develop will depend on clients who use different eCommerce platforms. Therefore, adding more integrations will cause the challenges you face to multiply.
What is Etsy API?
The Etsy API is a way to connect the eCommerce software to this marketplace. The connection enables two applications to communicate with each other and exchange information. With the Etsy API Integration, you can access data such as categories, products, orders, etc.
Etsy has a unique API, just like every other marketplace API. The Etsy API uses REST architecture to transfer data and a secure, constraint-based connection. Additionally, it uses JSON-formatted responses to retrieve access to all Etsy’s website data related to sales, customers, tags, public profiles, shops, and favorites.
Etsy API uses the OAuth method to access private and public user data for reading and writing. Etsy API work with HTTP methods like PUT, POST, GET, and DELETE. In addition, it works on the request and response model, wherein a successful request is given a 200 status code and an unsuccessful one a 404 error code.
Ways of development of Etsy API Integration
Two common approaches to Etsy API integration are in-house development and development via third-party services. Let’s explore both of them.
In-house integration development
To start, you need to find an experienced team or involve a part of your own. Etsy API integration is a very exhausting process, which involves the participation of developers who know all the details of this marketplace.
In addition, you will need to manage the development and infrastructure for developing integrations in-house. Further, you will have to upgrade the software every time Etsy releases a new version of its API and provide additional resources to support integration.
Usage of integration solution like API2Cart
This option is handy for software vendors who want to connect not only with Etsy but with dozens of other platforms simultaneously. Here you do not need to additionally hire or train your team of developers or pay them salaries. Instead, the third-party integration solution is very concerned about everything.
API2Cart provides an easy way for B2B eCommerce software vendors to develop integrations with multiple marketplaces and platforms through one API. API2Cart offers you reliable connections to 40+ eCommerce platforms at once and provides more than 100 API methods to manage required data.
Furthermore, API2Cart handles the setup, maintenance, and upgrades independently, so you don’t have to spend money from your budget. Finally, providers can focus on creating their software instead of worrying about integrating data from eCommerce platforms and marketplaces like Etsy.
The Etsy API can be challenging to connect with your B2B SaaS if you do not choose the right approach. The best option is utilizing a third-party service provider specializing in Etsy API integration development.
You must integrate your system with shopping carts to stay competitive as an eCommerce software vendor. Partnering with API2Cart is one way to ensure that your clients get the best possible experience from your solution. Contact us today to understand how our service can benefit your business.